Back to Weddings by Design

D
Featured
Dani

Married on 05/14/2016

I had a wonderful experience at Weddings by Design! My consultant was super nice and helpful when it came to finding my perfect dress! They had a great selection of dresses at decent prices! The seamstress/tailor was so nice and great at her job - my dress fit perfectly! All of the staff at Weddings by Design were knowledgeable and helped make my special day amazing!

Thank you Dani for taking the time to review us! :) Melissa

R
Regan Tullberg

Getting married on 07/11/2020

The best bridal experience!

I had such an amazing experience at Weddings by Design! They have a wide array of dresses to choose from that will ensure that no matter your body type or style, you’re sure to find your perfect gown there. Ask for Madison - she was a fabulous consultant! She listen to what I wanted and has an impeccable eye and attention to detail. She made me feel so comfortable and focused on me to guarantee that I had a terrific time finding my dress. I will definitely be recommending them to friends and family for all of there wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses, and groomsmen wear needs!

Weddings by Design's reply:

Thank you Regan for taking the time to write a review for our store and for Maddie!!! Congratulations on finding your dress!

Hannah
Hannah Claire

Married on 12/01/2018

Perfect dress shopping experience!

I had an amazing experience at Weddings by Design! We had a stylist, Regina, helping us one-on-one the entire time! I was trying to decide between two ball gowns when Regina suggested I try one other dress on in a completely different style. I knew the second I tried it on that it was my dress! I never would have found it without Regina's help! After I made my decision, they popped open a bottle of champagne to celebrate :) I will always cherish the memories from finding my dress at Weddings by Design.

Weddings by Design's reply:

Congratulations Hannah! I will share your kind words with Regina and thanks for your review! Your pictures are beautiful!

A
Arykah

Married on 06/16/2018

I was a little worried I wouldn't find anything because my dress budget was under $900. When I was shown some marked down dresses I ended up finding the perfect dress. I was happy considering my dress went with the bridal cottage to a fire in Ottumwa, found my dress in time.

Weddings by Design's reply:

Thank you for your review and I am so glad we were able to help you!!!

User7464511

1+ year ago

I had the best experience with weddings by design! Truly wonderful staff all around helped me to find the perfect dress for my big day! Highly recommend them to any bride to be!

Weddings by Design's reply:

Thank you for your review! I appreciate your time and so glad were able to be part of your day! :) Melissa

User7465535

1+ year ago

I purchased 2 dressed for them to consolidate into 1. They have been so helpful & gone above & beyond to get me my dream dress! Can't wait for the final product!

Weddings by Design's reply:

Thanks for your review! Jude (the seamstress) is amazing and none of us can wait to see the final product! Having a one of a kind is awesome when it your own vision! -Melissa

C
Carrie

Married on 08/12/2017

I found my dress my first day shopping at Weddings by Design. I had awesome help from all the gals there but I specifically worked with christy and she was a blast! She made me so good in every dress and helped me speak my mind when I had a few opinions!

After finding my gorgeous dress she helped 4/6 bridesmaids find their gowns as well. (Good deal if you get your dress and bridesmaids there too! FYI)

There was never any pressure to buy, you can tell they all truly care about making sure you are happy and feel good through this whole experience.

I have already and will continue to tell everyone I know to go to Weddings by Design!

Weddings by Design's reply:

Thank you Carrie for the review! Christie had a blast working with you and your maids as well! :) Melissa

User7129773

2+ years ago

I said yes to the dress at Weddings By Design! They are absolutely awesome to work with and Robin was so amazing. I knew right away when I put the dress on it would be the one! Thank you guys so much & can't wait to come in again :) -Alexa Triplett

Weddings by Design's reply:

Hi Alexa, Robin enjoyed her time with you as well and I appreciate your business and that you took the time to write a review for us. Thank you! -Melissa

Kathy

Married on 05/27/2017

My daughter purchased her wedding dress here. Kelsey did an amazing job in helping her choose the perfect dress! She also purchased all the bridesmaids dresses and tuxes too. They gave us discounts for purchasing both the dresses and tuxes which was really helpful. Ask for Kelsey because she knows what she is doing and listens to your requests. We could not have been more pleased with everything! Thank you Kelsey and Weddings By Design! Megan and Kathy Ticknor

L
Laurie

Married on 03/04/2017

I had a wonderful experience at Weddings by Design! The staff there is friendly and very knowledgeable about the gowns and the designers. I purchased my gown, dresses for my bridesmaids and even rented tuxes right there at The Tux Shop! I was impressed that each time I went into the store there were always other happy brides having great experiences too! I recommend Weddings by Design to ALL brides I know!

Morgen

Married on 10/29/2016

I purchased a bridesmaids dress here to use for my engagement pictures. The alterations were done in a timely matter. Pricing for both was amazing. I actually found the dress on a sale rack and let me tell you, it was one heck of a deal! The dress was stunning in my pictures. I'm still getting compliments.

E
Elizabeth

Married on 10/03/2016

My experience was so enjoyable. Staff was courteous and so friendly. It felt like I was going over to a friend's place to hang out and dress up. They helped me find the dress of my dreams, made sure it fit right, and arrived well before my wedding day. Loved everything about shopping here!

Weddings by Design's reply:

Thanks for your review Elizabeth! I am so glad we were able to help you! Congratulations! -Melissa

Katrina Hansen

Married on 09/30/2016

Wonderful experience

Great selection. Wonderful service!

Weddings by Design's reply:

Thank you for the review Katrina! We genuinely appreciate it and wish you the best! Congratulations!

Maggie

Married on 08/28/2015

This review is for Jude Dickson who did my alterations. She converted my dress to strapless and did a French bustle to maintain the style of my dress. The bustle looked gorgeous and was super easy to do! She even recommended a certain knot for my belt! My dress was very intricate with scalloped lace hem and beading. She definitely knows what she is doing! It fit perfectly and she was a pleasure to work with! Highly recommended!

Melissa

Married on 06/27/2015

Great selection of gowns! They are quality, beautiful gowns within a reasonable price range. The alterations were perfect. Staff was professional, extremely helpful, and attentive. They were also knowledgeable with gowns, accessories, etc. I would most definitely recommend doing business here. They made my dress-buying experience as enjoyable as it should be :)

Weddings by Design's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! Congratulations to you on your marriage! Melissa, Weddings by Design

User5173003

2+ years ago

I purchased my dress at another bridal store, took it to Jordan Creek for alterations and that is when the nightmare began. They did a horrible job. The bottom of my dress was not even cut evenly, the seam under my right arm had the inside of the dress sticking out, they put in One bustle. WHAT? The dress dragged on the floor on both sides. Needless to say, I was in tears as my wedding was 2 weeks away. I contacted Weddings By Design and asked about an alternation fix. They referred me to Jude Dickenson. I met with her 2 days later and she spent more time with me, explaining everything she would be doing, the prices, etc. I felt relived, but still wanted to see my dress fix me like a glove. Less than a week later, I was at Jude's and my dress was like it was made exactly for me. There wasn't a single thread out of place, it fit perfect in all the right places. I cried, I was so happy. The bustle was perfect, the seams looked like they has never even been touched, the bodice fit so perfect.. I just was to thank Weddings By Design and Jude Dickenson for all the help they gave me. Now I just wish I would have bought my dress at Weddings By Design, their service was over the top, excellent. They made my wedding perfect!

L
Laura

Married on 05/03/2015

I went to 3 different salons to look for wedding dresses and weddings by design was by far the best experience! Sandy, my consultant, was sweet, attentive and actually asked about me, my fiancé, and my wedding ideas. She actually listened to what I wanted and actually found the dress I'm wearing! Weddings by design have also been super helpful and accommodating since I live in California but will be getting married in Iowa

User4449671

2+ years ago

Had a very short engagement (2 months) and found the perfect dress right away!

Miranda

Married on 09/27/2014

Hi!
I'm leaving a review for Jude Dixon. She works out of Wedding by Design but also has her own studio. She did a great job on my dress which would not zip all the way and there was no extra fabric to work with.. She took fabric from the bottom and made it fit like a glove. I highly recommend her.

Megan

Married on 08/16/2014

What a great experience! We walked in the doors to but my wedding dress and the Ohh's and Awe's began and didn't stop until we left. Great service and beautiful dresses.. I found "the dress" there!

Kayla

Married on 06/14/2014

We got everything from weddings by design and they were super helpful. They even suggested a venue that we ended up using! They were great people to work with and I have already recommended them to a friend who go her dresses from them.

User4216686

2+ years ago

Weddings by Design was wonderful to work with! After visiting every wedding shop in town my daughter found the best selection of dresses here. The staff is absolutely amazing. They went out of their way to make sure my daughter's dress fit her perfectly. We purchased the bridesmaids dresses there and also rented the tux's there. The bridal party was from out of town and measurements were called in for tux rental. When a couple of the tux's did not fit perfectly, they overnighted the replacement pieces and made sure we had them the day of the wedding. Melissa and her staff truly went out of their way to make this day special for my daughter and I will be forever grateful!

J
Jeanne

Married on 09/21/2013

After shopping with my daughter at all the other bridal stores in the DSM metro area, a friend recommended WBD. It was a grand slam referral. We loved working with local ownership so much that we ended up getting everything there - bridal gown, accessories, tuxes, the whole works. The consultants were very knowledgeable and we loved having them all to ourselves. The store itself is so different than the other places in town where you are stepping over people it's so crowded, even with an appointment. At WBD it was like being on a t.v. Show where the bride and her friends/family get all the attention in a serene, beautiful setting. My daughter actually had tried on the dress she ended up buying at WBD at one of other big stores. The price was the exact same, but WBD gave her a break on it along with the groom's tux, etc. Their tailor was also very good (maybe a little pricey) but excellent work. Overall I would recommend brides to save themselves a lot of looking and frustration and just start with Weddings By Design - they won't have to shop anywhere else! We loved our experience with them and highly recommend this store!

S
Sara

Married on 06/22/2013

I purchased my wedding dress at Weddings by Design. I had been to two other wedding dress shops before here, the girl who helped me listened to what I was looking for. She even like me try on all the dresses from their fairy tale line just for fun. I got the dress of my dreams, I truly love it. Not only did I get my wedding dress there but also the bridesmaids dresses. We were able to find a beautiful dress that looked good on all the bridesmaids , each had a different body shape. We also got our tuxes from there as well. Everyone looked amazing, we wouldn't have been able to do it without Weddings by Design. All the girls there were so nice! You could tell they liked their job. Their opinions and questions helped me out a lot along the way as well.

User2152776

2+ years ago

Weddings by Design made my wedding planning process absolutely amazing and stress free. Not only did I find my dream dress but the consultants, manager and even the owner gave me attention fit for a queen. Every time, I came into the store they made me feel important and beautiful. The attention to detail is unparalleled to any other. My gorgeous Maggie Sottero dress was measured so perfectly the only alterations I needed was adding a bustle. I also purchased my bridesmaids gowns at this store and they were absolutely perfect. My maid of honor had a different style but this was not a problem and the consultants assisted me in picking out dresses that would flatter all my girls. Not only were my bridal party dresses purchased here but both my mother and mother-in-law found beautiful dresses as well. My mom was nervous about shopping for a dress but the ladies at this store made her feel comfortable and she actually enjoyed the process. At one of my many appointments I fell in love with a stunning headband. However, I procrastinated and didn't order early enough. The bridal manager worked with me and was able to get the headpiece of my dreams in time for my wedding. The service I received and the experience I had in doing business with Weddings by Design was completely professional and beyond enjoyable. I would recommend this store to anyone!