Back to Weissgerber's Golden Mast

Featured
Elizabeth

Married on 03/02/2019

Picture perfect

The venue is amazing, absolutely beautiful and perfect. We didn't have to decorate because of the beauty the Golden Mast has. The staff were amazing and so helpful.

Kathryn

Married on 06/04/2017

We are so incredibly happy we chose Golden Mast Inn for our wedding venue. We had an early summer brunch wedding. The views are beyond stunning and gorgeous. The actual venue is beautiful, and the flowers and the lake are breathtaking. People loved the food. Monica always responded to my emails promptly. I requested some changes to the menu due to dietary restrictions, and they were so accommodating! We even got to meet the chef to speak with him. I was so impressed with Golden Mast and highly recommend them for a wedding.

User4836882

2+ years ago

When we were looking for a reception site we didn't want the standard banquet hall feel, we wanted something different and very open feeling. This was the perfect spot! Such a great value for your money too, which included a cocktail area, a covered patio, an open dinner area and a huge outdoor area connected to that. The food was delicious and the staff was very accommodating! It was everything we could have imagined and more.

M
Miranda

Married on 07/11/2015

This venue was absolutely beautiful and Monica was a joy to work with. This venue really made my wedding my dream wedding. I would recommend this venue to every bride.

User3994477

2+ years ago

We are so happy that we chose Golden Mast as our venue! Their reception space was so quirky and unique and offered beautiful views of the lake. Our guests were impressed with the venue, the views, and the food.
- Great pricing
- Flexible with our request to have a cash bar but offer each guest a complimentary glass of white or red wine for the toast -- for guests that chose not to drink, they could go to the bar and request a complimentary soda instead
- Flexible with our request to let my 19 year old cousin with Down's Syndrome have a children's meal but still qualify as an adult in our head count
- Amazing food
- Great appetizer selection
- Charmingly unique reception space
- Beautiful photography opportunities
We got married on a Sunday because the guest count minimum was 100. The cost quote below includes food and one drink for 116 and $500 for using the gazebo. The use of the venue, dinnerware, and white linens for the tables were basically free (you put down a $4000 deposit (split into two chunks) and that money goes towards anything you use at the venue -- for us that meant $500 of the deposit went to the gazebo and $3500 went to the food and drink).

T
Tami

Married on 07/11/2014

Having my wedding reception at Golden Mast Inn was the best decision I made. They were so helpful along the way and kept me on task with giving them all the information they needed to make the day run smoothly. I have only received great compliments on the food and the venue is just gorgeous. The staff was SO helpful and accommodating. They helped me with clean up and just making it such a memorable experience. I couldn't be more pleased with the services they provided.

P
Patti

Married on 10/06/2012

I cannot say enough wonderful things about having our wedding ceremony & reception at the Golden Mast. The staff deserves the most credit. They are wonderful to work with, went above and beyond all expectations, and made any adjustments that were necessary on the day of the event. The food was outstanding and the drinks were made well. They were very easy to work with and made my vision of how the day should go possible. No regrets at all about having my wedding at this venue. Thanks Golden Mast!

Kayla

Married on 07/13/2012

My wedding here was absolutely beautiful. Erin was great with answering so many of my questions and helping me get organized. The staff that we were in contact with throughout the night were great - had many compliments on the bartenders!

M
Mindy

Married on 11/12/2011

Best venue for our Reception!
I cannot recommend a place more highly than I recommend Golden Mast as a venue for a reception. I fell in love with the place when I checked it out immediately, and fell more in love when I found out the cost. Instead of renting the space and then having food/beverage cost on top of that- Golden Mast only charges for food/beverage. There is a minimum of people required, but that was not an issue. They even were gracious with us and allowed us under the minimum of people. They also do not charge for a cake cutting fee- added bonus.

Everything was perfect at the Golden Mast. The food was OUTSTANDING! Everyone I have talked to after the wedding was wowed by the food and said it was the best they'd had at a wedding before. We did the combination plate with Filet Mignon and a Sauteed Chicken Breast- great choice.

The staff was outstanding as well. Not only did they do their job wonderfully, but they were so kind. Multiple people on staff came up to me and commented on how beautiful I looked and were so great at making sure everything was up to par. Before letting the staff go, the head of staff came up to make sure everything was okay and let me know if it was okay with me she was going to dismiss the staff. They were a pleasure to work with. Also they were very kind to the guests. My great Aunt felt ill and needed a place to lie down. They encouraged her to relax in the beautiful bathroom they have where there is a couch. As she rested, they continually checked in on her and made sure she was doing alright. Extra special care- so great.

Working with Golden Mast before the wedding was a pleasure as well. Erin the coordinator was very kind, helpful, and easy to work with. She allowed us to take off a few meals even after the final date. She was great to work with. The venue is absolutely stunning. Elegant, classy, and unique. Definitely a place to consider for your wedding reception. I LOVED it! And would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Thank you Golden Mast!

C
nicole

Married on 08/28/2010

This venue is absolutely perfect. The wedding went just as imagined. You will have no worries and great memories. I received nothing by positive remarks about the staff, food, no lines at the bar, atmosphere. The staff is detailed, attentive, and instantly reactive to your needs. The inside and outside is beautiful with a warm sense of feeling. Guests are entertained by the unique decor and ability to go outside. You have many opportunities for great photo shots as well. Plus this is one of the few places you can get fireworks. We got fireworks from Bartolotta's who took care of all the permitting and gave a show people were talking about miles around.

C
Caryn

Married on 02/14/2009

The Golden Mast was absolutely amazing. The food was wonderful, the service professional. Planning with staff was a breeze. Highly recommend!

User2658056

They did a great job. Food was good. Service was very good. Beautiful venue

E
Elizabeth

Married on 01/01/2019

Excellent Choice

The Golden Mast was an excellent choice for our daughter's wedding reception. Monica always got back to us and was great to work with. We inquired about having a few unique additions and it was no problem for them to put that together for us. The bar and food staff was friendly and accommodating. Many of our guests said that it was the best meal they had ever had at a wedding and the view and decorations made it a beautiful space. The off-season discounts made it very affordable.

B
Beth

Married on 05/22/2010

The Golden Mast is a beautiful location on Okauchee Lake. We arrived with our Bridal Party by Boat & it was so wonderful seeing everyone in our reception out on the patio awaiting our arrival. We had a spring wedding & the day was gorgeous. The Golden Mast enabled us to have our Indoor/Outdoor feel - which is hard to find in Wisconsin. I would HIGHLY recommend the Golden Mast to anyone! The food was amazing - huge portions & so delicious. We had the Sliced Beef Tenderloin & the Stuffed Pork Chop - everyone LOVED the food. The Golden Mast was also a HUGE help with the dessert buffet that we brought in - even though it was not their desserts, they helped set it all up and continue to stock the table. Everything was truly amazing.

Kevin

Married on 03/01/2014

4.7

This Hall was so beautiful to look at. The employees that worked there were also very nice. Monica who help us set this up for our wedding did a great job getting back to us, and letting us know if the hall was book so we could come early the day before to set up and also pick up the next day after the wedding. Would recommend this Hall to other people and everyone that came to the wedding told us how much they loved the food, and the hall.

J
Jeffrey

Married on 10/21/2017

Venue and service were great. Everything went as planned.

Naomi
Naomi

Married on 10/13/2018

2.2

Bad Wedding Coordinator

Food: Delicious. The one positive.

Chairs: Monica promised that the Golden Mast would have new chairs before my wedding (which was 8 months away from this promise). She confirmed this when my wedding was 6 months away. When my wedding was 3 months away, I emailed her to verify this was true. She said there would not be new chairs. She offered nothing to help me with this scenario. Moreover, she didn’t think to reach out to me with this info. I had to ask her. Moral of the story: if she promises new chairs to you, don’t believe it.

Communication: I had to reach out to Monica always if I had questions or wanted to set things up. She never reached out to me. Not even when she needed information for me - I had to ask her what she needed in the 2 weeks before the wedding. I’m not sure what her job is at Golden Mast, but evidently caring about weddings is not in the description.

Professionalism: we arrived the day before our wedding to set up our decorations. I buzzed Monica to let her know we arrived, assuming she’d like to come check on us and make sure we had everything we needed. I said “hi Monica, we’re here! ” She said “Okay? Did you need something? ” I said “oh, I thought you’d want to say hello and give us the lay of the land. ” She said “oh I guess I can come down. “ This was the icing on the cake of the terrible service she gave us.

Summary: if you’re looking for a venue, this is not the place. If I could do my wedding again, I would not use the Golden Mast. The statutes and murals are quirky, the chairs dated, and the event planner’s lack of professionalism and enthusiasm for her job is just fuel on the fire.