Back to Whitney Events

Featured
Brian Greene

Married on 05/26/2019

wonderful wedding planners!

Christina and Jen did an amazing job of making our dream wedding a reality! From the moment we first met with Christina, they were helpful and thoughtful and ready to guide us. They seem to know every venue and vendor in the city. They provided detailed, handy timelines and instructions, and were consistently checking in to make sure we kept on schedule and didn't have any questions or issues (and when we did have worries, they did a great job of calming us down). They were full of fun suggestions to make our wedding special, and when we had unusual ideas of our own, they always came through with ways to execute them. On the day of the event, they took complete charge of all the vendors and logistics so that we could focus on having the best day ever... Which we did. Even after the wedding, they have kept in touch both to get feedback about the night and simply as friends. We definitely recommend them to everyone!

Whitney Events's reply:

We knew from the very beginning of meeting you both that this wedding was going to be special and it was !! Every detail was perfect and we look forward to following your journey now as husband and wife! Keep in touch

D
David

Married on 07/27/2019

Wonderful and an absolute pleasure to work with

Christina and Jen were amazing. We could not have asked for better planners; their knowledge, insight and experience helped make our wedding truly unforgettable. They understood our vision and helped make it a reality. They were organized, efficient, and always responsive to any questions and concerns. My husband Greg and I are forever grateful to the friendly and charming team at Whitney Events!

Whitney Events's reply:

WE are grateful to have had the pleasure of planning with you guys. Every details was personalized to your cultures and families and everyone had a BLAST! Such a fun wedding to always remember!

Alex Whigham

Married on 09/22/2018

Professional and Thorough

The team was brought in fairly late because we thought we could do it all on our own (I know, I know). They got up to speed quickly, worked with some of our more "particular" vendors, and added nice touches and details that made the day very special. After our first meeting, we knew we could breathe easier knowing Whitney Events was running point. Thanks for all the help!

Kelly

Married on 09/08/2018

Great experience with Whitney Events!

Whitney Events was spectacular! We already had our venue and band booked when we hired them but they helped with everything else. As my husband and I have difficulty making decisions sometimes, we found it very helpful to have Whitney Events suggest vendors that they work with and trust and then we could narrow it down to the ones who would be perfect for us. We were very happy with every vendor they recommended (florist, hair, makeup, invitations). Having their expertise especially in the month prior to the wedding when you are nailing down all the details was a big help. We didn't need to worry about those details because they had it all under control.

Our wedding day was perfect and everything went smoothly. Christina and Jen were there to make sure shuttles, speeches, etc. Were on time and we didn't give a thought to it. We were supposed to have our ceremony take place outside but due to rain we ended up having it inside but I never even cared or thought about it because they handled everything and made sure that the ceremony indoors was absolutely gorgeous.

They were also a big help in figuring out what to do for our favors. Jen ended up baking blueberry muffins, including glutenfree, and helped us find really cute packaging for them. Everyone loved it and the muffins were delicious.

Christina and Jen are professional, kind, hard-working, attentive to detail, and great to work with. We 100% recommend them!

Kristina

Married on 09/01/2018

Perfect choice for a perfect event

We are able to say without hesitation that Whitney Events is THE choice for your flawless event.

Christina and team were with us right from the start of our planning process. We had some very lofty goals and Christina helped us to achieve them. We threw plenty of challenges her way, such as changing our venue halfway through the planning process to a different state she had not previously worked in, and they were all handled seamlessly.

Christina has great connections not only in the New York area but throughout the Northeast. The vendors that she is able to put you in touch with will only make your wedding that much better. She has very high standards for who she chooses to work with. As you will learn working with her, she likes to get things done and selects vendors who are the same way. She has a very impressive way of directing an entire team of people to pull off an amazing event.

Where Christina and her team really shined was on the day of the event. We didn't worry about ANYTHING. We were able to totally relax and experience the pure bliss of our wedding. We had 3 different musical performers, 3 different caterers, and 200 guests in the middle of a field with no water or electricity and it went off without a hitch. We are sure that behind the scenes there was a lot of running around and coordinating going on, but we didn't feel any stress whatsoever. We were able to rest easy with full confidence, spend time with the people we love the most, and dance the night away. Thank you Christina and team!

Xiaotang
Xiaotang Wang

Married on 06/16/2018

The Most Perfect Wedding

Christina and Jen are the ultimate dream team when it comes to wedding planners. They are professional, efficient and gets every detail right. My wedding day was perfect without any hiccups due in large part to them. Highly highly recommend!

Whitney Events's reply:

Thank you Xiaotang! It was such a pleasure to work with you and Mark (and Joan!) . We had so much fun and you had the absolute most beautiful June day!

N
Nanditha

Married on 12/09/2017

Christina was an excellent wedding planner! She was always very responsive, went above and beyond what she was responsible for, and very helpful and knowledgable. She was also very sweet and made us feel a lot better whenever the stress of planning was getting to us. We highly recommend her services for planning!

Whitney Events's reply:

Nan, we LOVED being a part of your wedding weekend! It was such a lovely combination of culture and fun! And the fact that you had a beautiful snow day for your wedding was gorgeous! We wish you and Will lots of love and happiness always :)

Kate

Married on 10/13/2017

Christina is organized, professional, and a ton of fun to work with. She handled all of my day- of coordination, attended site visits to the venue, provided advice on vendors, and designed and printed menus and a name board for us, both of which were stunning. She went above and beyond and was an absolute God-send during the entire process. She had planned my sister's wedding in 2014 and was just as wonderful as I remembered her being. I'd reccomend her to anyone and everyone for wedding planning and day- of coordination!

Whitney Events's reply:

Kate, we LOVED everything about your wedding day! Your loving families, the beautiful church ceremony, the vineyard ...just stunning! and now we are able to congratulate you and Pat on your little blessing soon to arrive! :) Lots of love always

M
Meg

Married on 09/30/2017

Christina and her team are great!

C
Chris

Married on 08/26/2017

I wanted to write this review to possibly help those of you about to get married as working with Christina and Whitney Events was an absolute pleasure. My wife and I basically turned our wedding over to Christina with about a month to go and were able to really enjoy that time while she handled all of the logistics. The wedding day itself went incredibly smoothly as she handled all of the various issues that presented themselves so we could truly enjoy our day. She is a real professional and ran the show from start to finish. We had some issues post wedding as well on the billing front and she didn't shy away from those either. Full service! To truly enjoy your wedding and the time leading up to it, make your lives easier and get Christina on board!

Annie

Married on 07/22/2017

I cant describe how fortunate we were to find Christina Whitney to plan our wedding. We met with her at a Starbucks near our place, had a getting to know you conversation, and heard about what she and the rest of Whitney Events NY could offer. My now husband had aspirations to plan our wedding himself (since I was finishing my residency and wanted a much smaller event) that he was hesitant about hiring a planner at all. That lasted for exactly the length of our meeting. She was so professional and put together and had a personality that we knew would mesh amazingly with ours (as well as similar musical tastes). We walked out of the Starbucks, looked at each other and said "she's the one" and immediately turned back inside to hire her! From that day on Christina was so helpful and flexible, easily reached by phone, text or email. Our wedding wasn't held at a traditional hall and we had SIX locations on our wedding timeline! Due to Christina’s incredible knack for timing we made it to all our locations, were able to take all the pictures we we wanted, enjoy our cocktail hour and even eat at our reception, with time to spare! Christina’s experience with vendors, contracts and NY really helped us navigate all of the details and options, pros/cons without abandoning her sense of reality from experience and our budget. There was HUGE value in having someone knowledgeable in both the catering and wedding industry to ask questions, navigate and negotiate options, and plan for details we didn’t even know existed. All of the vendors she recommended to us were incredible, affordable and a true pleasure to work with. Our wedding day went off without a hitch an and there is no doubt in our minds this wouldn't have been possible without Christina!

Reham

Married on 07/16/2017

Christina is my new best friend! :))) Okay in all seriousness, she's the best planner anyone can ask for, in my own humble opinion. Initially, I was planning on hiring a Day Of Coordinator, but given that our wedding timeline was pretty short (we got engaged in December and wanted to get married only a few months later, in July), I figured it would be best to hire her as a partial planner. I would've definitely hired her as a full planner but since we already had the venue picked out and I had already bought my dress, a partial planner made more sense in this case. She didn't feel like a partial planner though, not at all. She felt like she was my own personal planner and best friend, as if she didn't have anyone else's wedding to plan but mine :) That's not true of course lol but that's how special she made me feel, like I was the most important bride. Christina is truly amazing. She is super professional, soooo organized and on top of things, and she made my life so much easier since I'm super organized myself and have OCD tendencies since I have different lists for everything in my life! Lol. I feel like we definitely complimented each other since we both communicated in list-form all the time :) which I can tell was heaven for both of us! Haha. I'm honestly so grateful to have found her. She always provided the best advice throughout the whole process and I always trusted her judgement. She has a very positive attitude, was always calm and collected, and always had a solution for everything. She even went along with all my quirky and wacky ideas for the wedding too! :) I really recommend hiring Whitney Events to plan your wedding as Christina and her assistant Jen are the absolute best!

Whitney Events's reply:

We can't believe it's been a year already! Your wedding was unforgettable to Jen and I and we always chat about how unique and FUN you and Amaurys made it ! Lots of love and happiness always and forever :)

B
Beth

Married on 06/17/2017

Christina was a pleasure to work with and I cannot recommend her enough! We hired her as a "day of coordinator," but her work exceeded far beyond "day of. " From the moment we hired Christina, she was easily available via email and phone to answer any questions or concerns we had during the planning phase. She helped us select our rentals (and double-checked everything to make sure we ordered exactly what we needed! ), came up with an extremely detailed day-of timeline, made sure we had our ideal floorplan, and coordinated all timing and logistics with our vendors as we approached our wedding.

Christina is always one step ahead and thinks of every little detail to ensure the day will run smoothly. She has so much patience and will go above and beyond to make sure you're happy. I honestly don't know how we would have managed without her!

Whitney Events's reply:

Thank you Beth, My team and I loved getting to know you, Sean and your families. Tell mom hi:) I could not have been more happy for you two and it was a perfect day. Truly perfect. I am super excited to see the photos so we can rehash the day. Thank you for your kind words.

Christina

Lauren

Married on 05/27/2017

Christina is a true professional- extremely organized, flexible, and creative in executing wedding themes! She is warm, friendly, delightful to work with, and I'm so grateful to have found her. She provided invaluable advice throughout the wedding process, and even when I felt stressed out amidst wedding drama or last minute changes, Christina kept a positive attitude and remained calm and pragmatic, helping me find solutions. My wedding was easily the best day of my life, and I wholeheartedly believe Christina and her assistant Jen are responsible for making that happen. I would highly recommend Whitney Events to plan your special day.

HI Lauren,
Thank you so much for the review. Your wedding will always be special to Jenn and I. It was so much fun to watch you two dance and bring out the theatrical side you both share and love so much. The details that you let us help you plan was nothing short of extraordinary. The Broadway theme was a huge success and the pictures are fantastic! I know we will be lifelong friends... I wish you and Eric much happiness in your lives together!
Christina

D
Diane

Married on 05/27/2017

We used Whitney Events to plan my daughter's wedding in May and could not be happier with this company! She is not only a lovely person, nut extremely well organized and knew how to take charge on the day of the event. Since I live in LA and the wedding was in Nyc, having a wedding planner was a necessity. What I didn't realize was how important the planner was on the day of the wedding. She absolutely allowed us all to relax and enjoy this most special day in all of our lives. We cannot think of one thing we would have done differently for the wedding. It was perfect, thanks to Whitney Events.

Amanda

Married on 11/11/2016

Christina was *meant to be our wedding coordinator* -- after meeting with her knowing that she had done coordination at our venue before, it turned out that she was somehow mutual friends with my make-up artist, and I can't remember the other coincidence but you'll have to take my word for it. She went far above and beyond what I had anticipated she would do, and was super patient with me throughout. I loved her down-to-earth, calm and authoritative (but not authoritarian or bossy) demeanor and her dry sense of humor, especially given our wacky ideas -- all that she went with & totally backed us up on! The wedding really was beyond our expectations; we kind of thought it'd look the budget (which was probably not as flexible as many others who marry in NYC! ) but thanks to Christina's killer instincts we just felt so at ease and it looked A-MAZING. (I just wish I could remember all it, they are not kidding when they tell you that it flies by and you don't get to eat. Because it did, and I didn't. Anyway. ) THANK YOU CHRISTINA! We got married! We aren't deep in the hole! The place didn't burn down! I didn't fall! You are a rock star and you know we know what we're talking about <3 Eddie & Amanda

Whitney Events's reply:

You two are amazing. What a fun wedding and great lifelong friends made in the process. I can not wait to see the professional pictures! Have a wonderful holiday season!

Alena

Married on 10/15/2016

First things first, not to bury the lede: I’m pretty sure Christina Whitney saved us at least $20,000 - $30,000.

Backstory:

Turns out that planning a no-frills, minimalist wedding in Manhattan is as hard, or harder, than planning a traditional one!

We wanted our wedding to be a big loft cocktail party, with a 20-minute ceremony in the middle somewhere. Late night, no dinner, no cake, some snacks, little-to-no decorations, a full bar, great music, and a packed dance floor. That’s it.

When we were trying to plan it alone… we had trouble finding vendors, since they all wanted to make us have dinner/heavy appetizers/decorations/big floral arrangements/etc. And we were majorly hesitant to shell out $$$ on things we *didn’t even want.*

But we honestly almost bought into all of that, simply because we thought we’d wouldn’t find a different way.

However, enter Ms. Christina Whitney to (literally) save the day!

She was the first Planner we met, and instantly knew she “got” us. She was no-pressure, understood what we were after, and gave us some great ideas. We knew she wouldn’t try to force-fit us into the (often way too expensive) Industrial Wedding Complex mold.

She called up her *own friends* to do our charcuterie boards and floral arrangements, who jumped in for our plan and budget! Mixing friends and business is always risky, so we’re immensely grateful she went out on a limb for us.

At the last minute, we found out our DJ didn’t have a microphone set up for the ceremony and I nearly fainted at the thought of having to scream our vows over a crowd. I do not know how Christina fixed this, but darn-straight she got us a mic… and I didn’t faint.

Honestly, whether you have the big, traditional dream wedding, a picnic in the park, an elaborate brunch, or a big loft party like ours, Christina will pull it off. And she’ll do it on budget, calmly, firmly, & with attention.

Thank you so much, Christina! I'll miss you!

Rachel

Married on 10/01/2016

Christina and Angelo were amazing! They were so helpful, organized, responsible and responsive. Angelo was with me the day of my wedding and he was ON POINT and SO amazingly helpful with everything. He reassured me everything was totally fine and was cool and calm through the wedding day chaos. TOTALLY LOVE HIM and would recommend him / Whitney Events 100x over! Hoping to have another big event so I could work with them again!

Allie

Married on 09/30/2016

One of the factors that differentiated Christina from other month-of planners was she reviewed all of our vendor contracts at the very beginning of the process. Not only did she end up saving us a lot of money by catching discrepancies between our catering and venue, but she and her team were totally aware of where we stood and could make pointed suggestions to fill our remaining gaps. They didn't just show up a month out and say... Ok debrief me... Like I'd seen with many of my friends who hired month-of planners. We also hugely appreciated that she attended our venue walkthrough and florist meeting which were earlier in the summer so she/the team were on the same page as us. Again, all of our vendors commented how on top of the details and responsive Christina was. Huge thanks from my husband and I.

Lauren

Married on 09/16/2016

Don't even think twice about booking Christina. She's amazing, organized and very professional. I'm sooo glad I hired a wedding planner ( I did the partial planning package). I thought I was going to be a bridezilla throughout the process of planning my wedding, but I ended up being calm and carefree. I would highly recommend booking Whitney events and I believe I found her via wedding wire, so I'm paying it forward to the next bride by writing this review. ;) Just do yourself a favor by spending a little extra money on a planner. I know so many people who were always saying "I can't wait until it's over" kind of feelings in terms of planning. I NEVER felt that way. I fully enjoyed the process and Christina definitely was a great person to steer me in the right direction.

Rinata

Married on 09/07/2016

I have found Whitney events on this website and I'm absolutely happy that Christina was our wedding planner. We planned our wedding long distance from Kazakhstan. So it wasn't so easy because of the time difference and language. But Christina is absolutely amazing and very professional. We felt very confident in her services and absolutely had no stress. So our wedding day went through smoothly. I can say that I had my dream wedding! If you want your dream wedding comes true, I highly recommend Christina and Whitney Events for wedding planning services.

Kleber

Married on 09/04/2016

Christina is a great wedding coordinator. We had a blast working with her (and also her assistant) to make sure our wedding day was perfect. And guess what? It was wonderful! Memorable! Our wedding party also loved her as much as we did. She is very professional, friendly, organized and have creative ideas to make your wedding day even more special. We definitely recommend Whitney Events! Thank you so much, Christina. You're the best! (From your grooms Mr. Kleber & Mr. Serge).

Whitney Events's reply:

I miss you two already!! thank you for the kind words. It was a fabulous day with fabulous people. Definitely going down in the books as one of the most fun and exciting and happy weddings I have had the fortune to be part of!! I wish you a happy and healthy life together.

Agnes

Married on 07/23/2016

Christina is absolutely amazing. I planned my wedding long distance (from Boston) and I could not have done it without her help.

First of all, her personality and can do attitude is contagious and makes every wedding planning "hiccup" seem like nothing. I loved her meticulousness and organization- which allowed me to focus on finishing studying for my board exam while knowing that the planning was getting taken care of. She was super understanding of my time constraints given my crazy work schedule.

She helped us plan the most amazing wedding. From advice about the decor, lighting, flowers, she was candid and offered much needed advice. She has vendors that she recommends because of her experience with them, but is not pushy to try to get you to sign a contract w them.

I owe her my sanity for everything that she did during the week of the wedding. She coordinated all of the vendors the few days before the weeding. The schedule she created (and dispersed to everyone) allowed us to relax and enjoy the wedding and not worry about timelines and organization. I felt incredibly confident in her services.

I would book her again, and again. She is fantastic. Do not hesitate.

S
Suzie

Married on 07/09/2016

Christina did so much for my daughter and all of us the day of the wedding. She took away our stress and anxieties by coordinating everyone and everything and making sure all were where they were supposed to be at the time they were supposed to be. Between the engagement party, prepping for the Wedding and then the big day she was a tremendous help. We couldn't have done it without her and we truly appreciate her hard work.

Louis

Married on 07/09/2016

Christina was our full time planner and so she helped us throughout the entire wedding planning process. We were not the easiest of customers so the fact that she was able to juggle both of us says a lot. She helped us execute our ideas and she had some really great ideas herself that we ended up using. She is top notch when it comes to finalizing the day of details and coordinating all of the vendors etc. I can easily say that the day would not have gone nearly as smoothly had she not been there. We are so grateful to have found her.