Search for the best local wedding ceremony music in your area to plan your perfect wedding.
Wedding Ceremony Music
Choosing Wedding Ceremony Music
You're venue's been booked, the invitations sent, the gown picked, and the band chosen. Now it's time to think about the your wedding ceremony music. You know, the songs that play as you and your wedding party walk down the aisle? Or what you hear as soon as you say "I do"? Here at WeddingWire, we've got great resources to find the perfect songs that fit you and your fiancé(e)'s personalities. For each category, you can chose between modern and classic or mix and match to find whatever feels best.
Take a look at a few of these lists of wedding ceremony song suggestions.
- Wedding Prelude: This music is played before the ceremony begins as the guests are being seated.
- Wedding Processional: This music is played as the wedding party enters, along with both sets of parents, and the ring bearer & flower girl.
- Bride Entrance: Rather self explanatory, this is played when the bride walks to the altar.
- Wedding Interlude: Music that is played during the ceremony to accent special moments for you and your fiancé(e).
- Wedding Recessional: These songs are played when the ceremony has ended and you and your new spouse walk up the aisle together.
These decisions may not come first in the wedding planning process, but they are incredibly important for setting the tone of your wedding ceremony. More of a classical couple? Consider a string quartet to compliment the ceremony. Are you into modern music? Try incorporating some of your favorite pop songs into the ceremony! There's no right or wrong music for the event, just the music that's right for the two of you.
Once you've settled on a genre or style, you should also think about music you want played during important moments of the wedding reception including: first and last dance, parent dances (mother & son/ father & daughter), cake cutting, bouquet toss, and garter removal.
If you're not sure where to start we've got you covered! Just take a look at our wedding song section.