Search discussions
danielle

danielle Savvy

on Feb 12, 2018 at 2:21 PM

August dates!!

Hi everyone getting married this August!! We are officially 6 months away from our wedding dates! How far along is everyone in planning?! What are you hoping to get done in the next ~month or so?

Flag

Replies (42)

Rachael Savvy

on Feb 12, 2018 at 3:02 PM

I'm getting married September 8. Close to August I find I don't have a lot of close September dates. All vendors are secured. Blocked hotel rooms and reservations for after party and brunch. Getting ready to order my dress and invites this week. Next month will be squaring away some bridesmaid details, transportation and groom's attire. Have gifts ready to order from etsy. Looking good!

Flag

danielle

danielle Savvy

on Feb 12, 2018 at 3:16 PM

What gifts are you getting from etsy?! so many good ideas there!

Flag

Erica Devoted

on Feb 12, 2018 at 4:21 PM
Hey... I got all my vendors. I gotta do my final appointments and finishing paying off my vendors. Also gotta do my dress fitting. I have to finish my wedding party gifts. Almost done though. I'm working on it. Stress but working on it. What about you? August 18, 2018

Flag

Danielle Devoted

on Feb 12, 2018 at 11:18 PM
I haven't finalize my guest list I need to do that and finishing paying off two things cake and picture lady..

Flag

Erica

Erica VIP

on Feb 13, 2018 at 12:10 AM
Hi we are getting married August 5th. We have quite a bit left to do but none of the "big ticket" items. So far this month we picked up my wedding dress and set up the profile for the guys at men's warehouse. We plan on checking out and possibly buying our wedding bands and start pricing florists.

Flag

Rachael Savvy

on Feb 13, 2018 at 7:07 AM

Girls-I got a stemless wine tumbler with a lid with their names on it. Jewelry. And then each of them I got a personalized gift. Horse sun catcher, hiking gear for one. My MOH is a shakeo coach so I got her some work out tanks geared towards that. My other is my RF sponsor/cousin in law so I got her RF embroidered hat. All those goodies in a monogrammed bag for them. I didn't want to do generic gifts for them.

Mothers-keepsake jewelry boxes with quotes. Fathers-embroidered handkerchiefs.

FH is charge of the guys

Flag

Priscilla Beginner

on Feb 13, 2018 at 10:45 AM
All the vendors are secure, dress also secure, have to get bridemaid dresses and flowers but hitting a few bumps along the way. Defientely feeling the pressure

Flag

Alexis Just Said Yes

on Feb 13, 2018 at 10:46 AM
August 12, 2018! Most of the major things are complete. We have cake, florals, & entertainment left.

Flag

Makenna Just Said Yes

on Feb 13, 2018 at 10:46 AM
Hey everyone!
So I’ve got all of my vendors hired, my main things on my checklist left are figuring out the day of timeline(HELP!!), getting my accessories, dress fitting, and wedding insurance!
Also trying to figure out the honeymoon 🙃

8/12/18♥️♥️♥️

Flag

Kelly Just Said Yes

on Feb 13, 2018 at 10:49 AM

August 18th, 2018 bride right here. I'm so excited. We have a lot done so far but still feel like is coming down to stressing if I will get everything done in time. DJ will be my uncle. Photography is picked out and will be paid in the next month. Invites and RSVPs were ordered last weekend. We will be meeting with a possibly caterer soon. My wedding dress is fully paid for besides the alternates. Blocked off rooms at a hotel for Friday and Saturday night. Officiant's deposit is paid still owe him a little bit. Wedding website is almost all done.

Flag

Erika

Erika Just Said Yes

on Feb 13, 2018 at 10:52 AM
Hi all,
I'm getting married August 24 I have secured all vendors and pretty much just buying misc. Items like gifts and send off items . Etsy has really been my go to when it comes to gifts and guest book. I still have to secure our transportation for exit . We need to buy favors for the guests. I realized you have to bring alot the day of the wedding and it's a good idea to make a list to not forget anything even if you have a coordinator.

Flag

Stefanie Just Said Yes

AUGUST 25TH!!!!

Flag

Kyla Beginner

I still feel so far behind, BUT, I got my dress ordered, my venue booked, caterer almost booked, bridesmaids bouquets and centerpieces pretty much done. Still need an officiant, invites sent out, florist(just for my bouquet), hotel rooms blocked and pay/book our honeymoon! Oh, and pick our songs... and cake/cupcakes... still quite a bit to do. But I’ve got this!

Flag

Jessica Just Said Yes

on Feb 13, 2018 at 10:54 AM
August 31st!

All the vendors are booked and we’re just making payments at this point (DJ, venue, florist, cake, photographer). Dress is bought but still need to do alterations. I’m going to start that in March I think. We have an appointment to get bridesmaid dresses on March 3rd, but I already have the color picked - my girls can wear whatever they want as long as it’s the same color.

Im stressing about BM gifts now. I bought the usual “prop pics” stuff but my girls are all so different and independent so they usually buy what they want. Lol. I thought about getting us massages in the hotel the day of.

Flag

Diane Savvy

on Feb 13, 2018 at 10:56 AM
My Wedding date is August 11th.... just have to finalize our guess list and then I will be done. #wearrtheDingle's

Flag

Brittany West Beginner

on Feb 13, 2018 at 10:59 AM
8.18 as well ❤️❤️

Flag

Christine Beginner

on Feb 13, 2018 at 10:59 AM
8-8-18 so excited! Just got my dress yesterday (can’t help but share) even happier I got it 50% so it was $740 we are doing an all inclusive kind of wedding in Vegas so a lot of Vendor stuff is done.. other than still figuring out what the groomsmen are wearing and flights down. Happy planning you guys!

August dates!! 1

August dates!! 2

Flag

Jamie Beginner

on Feb 13, 2018 at 11:01 AM
August 17, 2018 here! I think I have all the main stuff taken care of; venue/catering, DJ,
photographer, dress ordered, HMUA booked, bridesmaids dress picked out(waiting on the last bridesmaid to go in and get sized so they can place the order by Saturday- my 6 month mark!), photobooth booked, save the dates will be here this week to also hopefully get sent out by Saturday, part of the bridesmaids gifts ordered, in the process of finalizing hotel room blocks.
We have appts to pick out the groomsmen tuxes or suits and registering at Bed Bath and Beyond this Saturday!

main stuff left: flowers, decor, and invites! And we have our catering tasting first weekend of March to finalize menu choices!

Anyone think of stuff I may be forgetting?!

Flag

Sandra Beginner

on Feb 13, 2018 at 11:08 AM
August 26th!!! Photographer/Videographer, flourist, officiant, DJ, DOC is done just doing payment at this point. My Dress and bridesmaid dresses are picked out just need to do alterations. Still deciding on the entertainment (photo booth etc) and still need to pick MUA and hairstylist. My maid of honor, my mother and mother of the Groom still needs to pick/try on dresses. Taking a late honeymoon. Almost done.

Flag

Chandell Dedicated

on Feb 13, 2018 at 11:12 AM
August 5th everything is going great so far, with in the next month or so I have to finish paying vendors get bridesmaids dresses and buy my petticoat and jewelry. I am really looking forward to my floral appointments. I have to order my invitations and do my wedding playlist. That's it for now lol

Flag

Page 1 of 3
  • Jump to the last page

Respond to this discussion