Search discussions
Laura

Laura Administrator

on Feb 14, 2018 at 8:05 PM

Date nights!

How often do you and your SO have date nights? Are they planned or spontaneous? What are some of your favorite date night ideas?

Date nights! 1

{Pinterest}

Flag

Replies (28)

Erica Devoted

on Feb 14, 2018 at 8:08 PM
Lately once a month due to our schedule. Lately they haven't been planned. Anytime we are enjoying our selves.

Flag

Heather Devoted

on Feb 14, 2018 at 8:21 PM
We have date night at home in our bedroom. Grab some snacks and a movie curl up in our best pjs and watch tv

Flag

Lisa Savvy

on Feb 14, 2018 at 8:27 PM
My fiance is deployed so date night for now consists of me putting on a pretty dress and he puts on one of the polos he has over there and we facetime for about 4 hours every Saturday!

Flag

Jayna Expert

on Feb 14, 2018 at 8:32 PM
We usually eat out for breakfast on Saturday after we go to the gym. Not a date night but it is our special time together we get to relax and enjoy each other before running errands.

Flag

Denise Devoted

on Feb 14, 2018 at 8:35 PM
We have at home movie night dates at least once a week. We have sit down dinner date nights at least twice a month. They don't have to be a super upscale place. Sometimes it's just dinner at Chillis. Sometimes it's not even dinner, we might go to an arcade or to see a comedy show. We just love spending time with each other regardless of what it is and try to do so often.

Flag

Kallie Super

on Feb 14, 2018 at 8:42 PM
DH travels for work, so basically whenever he's home we have date nights. Of course we basically consider anything a date. Cooking dinner together is a date. Going to Target is a date. Cuddling and watching Netflix is a date. We try to make every night a date night.

Flag

Kaylyn Devoted

on Feb 14, 2018 at 9:04 PM
FW is in the military so her schedule is all over the place, and I work on base so my schedule is a mess lol, usually date night is us ordering pizza and watching a movie

Flag

DC

DC Super

on Feb 14, 2018 at 9:22 PM
Rarely. We love together so not a big deal. Maybe at least once a month we go out to be kid-free

Flag

Ashley

Ashley VIP

on Feb 14, 2018 at 9:27 PM
Everyday is date night!!
Usually we will get dinner or go to breakfast on the weekends. We have oppposite schedules during the week so just spending time on the weekends together is perfect.

Flag

Lacy Expert

on Feb 14, 2018 at 9:46 PM
We try to have one at least a couple nights a month. We had a nice dinner tonight and did one of those wine and painting classes a couple weeks ago. We do make a point to sit down and talk with each other everyday and do lots of things together.

Flag

2ndtime1stwedding

2ndtime1stwedding Devoted

on Feb 14, 2018 at 9:52 PM
We have 4 kids that live in our house ages 12-19. We have date night at least 2 times a month and we always go to bed at the same time-together.

Flag

Tanya

Tanya Dedicated

on Feb 14, 2018 at 10:10 PM

We have a "no electronics or reading during dinner" rule that gets applied every night. We do our laundry together on Saturdays. Sundays are usually an afternoon of building models and then cooking dinner together. We go to a bookstore 3-6 times a month.

Flag

Megan Savvy

on Feb 14, 2018 at 10:18 PM
Once a week, usually Friday nights since my children go with there dad overnight. Sometimes it's dinner and a movie, other times it's takeout and tv in front of the fire. Reguardless of what it entails, we are usually in bed around 10, even though I sit on WW. It's rarely an extravagant date, but being as FH works 16 hours a day... literally 365 days a year... it's very important for us to reconnect and have that time.

Flag

Shavon Beginner

on Feb 14, 2018 at 10:45 PM
My fiancé and I have a daughter together, so we have to plan our date nights. We go out twice a month on a Saturday. Our daughter stays by my mother and we give her money to watch her. We pick her up the following Sunday to spend quality time with her before the weekend ends. We pretty low key with our dates. Usually we stay in and watch movies. If we do go out, we usually go bowling, movies or have drinks and dinner. I love spending alone time with him. 😍

Flag

Crystal Beginner

on Feb 14, 2018 at 10:49 PM
Date night is every Thursday. How ever lately it's been once a mouth, due to work and wedding planning. We usually do dinner, or/ and movies.

Flag

Laura Administrator

on Feb 14, 2018 at 10:51 PM

I love this! Nice job making the best of things during his deployment!

Flag

Laura Administrator

on Feb 14, 2018 at 10:52 PM

I can relate to a lot of these responses! Any time spent together can count as date night, it doesn't have to be a fancy night out!

Flag

Yoomie Super

on Feb 14, 2018 at 11:11 PM
FH and I have a planned date night at least once a week, either on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. It's a ritual that's left over from our dating days. I plan to keep this up. Date night rule is something that is planned and takes place out of the house. Some past date days/nights include theater, opera, symphony, comedy shows, concerts, sporting events, museums, festivals, sex workshops, etc. In addition to this, when FH moved in, we agreed that I would cook dinner Monday-Fridays, Saturdays are leftovers, and FH gets lunch and dinner on Sundays. FH can either learn how to cook, order in, or take me out. He usually picks the latter two. Built-in weekly date!

Flag

Jessie

Jessie Dedicated

on Feb 14, 2018 at 11:52 PM
Every Tuesday and most Wednesdays because of my work schedule. We love to just cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie.

Flag

Katie Expert

on Feb 15, 2018 at 12:23 AM
I work second shift and he works first shift so the only time we get to spend together is on the weekends. As long as I get to spend time with him I'm happy.

Flag

Page 1 of 2

Respond to this discussion