Search discussions
Shellycherea

Shellycherea Dedicated

on Feb 14, 2018 at 8:23 PM

February Goals - Wedding Edition

To keep my sanity while planning this wedding, I give myself a monthly to-do list where I'll only focus on about 3 things. This month I'm researching flowers (both real and silk), confirming marriage license laws in our county, getting my ring insured and setting up our pre-marital counseling sessions.

What are you working on this month?

Flag

Replies (29)

Melissa Expert

on Feb 14, 2018 at 8:37 PM
I'm actually super excited we're doing our 6 month (with actually only 4.5 months to go) planning meeting with the venue on Sunday! From there I can lock in my timeline and times with hair and makeup. And as soon as my taxes are back I'll be putting a deposit down and locking in my caterer. I Just ordered all my flower girl dresses tonight. Shopping with mom for her dress next week. Then I think I'm going to try to finish up my bouquets. I'm doing real feel faux flowers and want to get them done and it of the way.

Oh and find a job so I can pay for everything else lol.

Flag

Shellycherea

Shellycherea Dedicated

on Feb 14, 2018 at 8:40 PM
I’m thinking about doing the same in regard to our flowers. If I go with silk, I don’t want them to look cheap.

Also, I got a great return on my taxes but unfortunately it’s ALL going to this wedding 😭

Flag

Married and Loving It! Super

on Feb 14, 2018 at 9:10 PM
Getting married. Haha wedding date 2/25/18 we are just finishing up buying our alcohol and welcome bags for hotel guests!

Flag

Brittany

Brittany Super

on Feb 14, 2018 at 9:25 PM
This is such a good idea - only a few things each month. I should try this because I have so many different balls up in the air at once and it’s a lot

currently im working on nailing down our videographer, will be going to meet with our potential florist this weekend, I also need to insure my ring (that should be this coming week), and starting to
look into officiants and djs

Flag

Michelle

Michelle Expert

on Feb 14, 2018 at 9:53 PM
I'm working on not freaking out lol since I'm 8 days away from marrying my best friend!!!

Flag

Malwen107 Super

on Feb 14, 2018 at 10:06 PM

We have to meet with our venue (so just scheduling since we won't meet til March) since they have been giving us the run around on several things.

Picking out my wedding band

sent Save the Dates

Talk to BP about outfits/dresses!

Flag

Mrs.Hays

Mrs.Hays Rockstar

on Feb 14, 2018 at 10:13 PM
This is pretty much my relaxation month. I don’t have much left at all so I’ll probably just be doing a few diy decor things.

Flag

Shellycherea

Shellycherea Dedicated

on Feb 14, 2018 at 10:20 PM
Enjoy it

Flag

Shellycherea

Shellycherea Dedicated

on Feb 14, 2018 at 10:20 PM
You’ll be fine!!!

Flag

Shellycherea

Shellycherea Dedicated

on Feb 14, 2018 at 10:22 PM
It’s really been helpful for me. I haven’t felt stressed since we’ve been engaged and things are just getting done. Good luck!

Flag

Shellycherea

Shellycherea Dedicated

on Feb 14, 2018 at 10:22 PM
Congrats 🤗

Flag

Crystal Beginner

on Feb 14, 2018 at 10:40 PM
I'm working on a timeline. My wedding is in 9 days!

Flag

LyraGardenia

LyraGardenia Dedicated

on Feb 15, 2018 at 2:28 AM

Right now I'm gradually working on designing invitations, and figuring out decor (centerpieces, signage, etc.). Next month over spring break we're going to go shopping for wedding bands, meet with our officiant to discuss the ceremony, and I need to figure out hair and makeup and get my dress alterations scheduled (I'm in veterinary school 5 hours away from my FH, so we get a lot done when I'm home on breaks!). And my bridal shower and bachelorette party are on St. Patrick's Day!

Flag

Meet_The_Clarks

Meet_The_Clarks VIP

on Feb 15, 2018 at 9:24 AM

I've taken the 2 years we have been engaged and put them to good use. We have so much accomplished.

For the month of Feb I've already accomplished quite a lot. Got the invites addressed/stuffed. Paid some more money to 2 vendors. Made some mock trial signs and ordered ones that I knew I couldn't make. I have to get some card stock and may stop at Michael's on my way home from work to check out the colors they have. I'm going away this weekend to VA for a girls weekend, which is so needed right now. I'm going to take the weekend and decompress. I think that's all the planning I can handle for the month of Feb. Non-wedding planning task for Feb- get our taxes done ASAP. I'm almost done, just need to review everything.

March is when I have my first dress fitting and my HMU trial. Also, continue paying on vendors and at the end of March, mail out the invites.

Flag

Shellycherea

Shellycherea Dedicated

on Feb 15, 2018 at 9:26 AM
Wow, you’ve done a lot. I definitely need a weekend away. We were thinking about planning a couple’s weekend away with some friends.

Flag

NeLeibelToBe

NeLeibelToBe Devoted

on Feb 15, 2018 at 9:47 AM
At this moment my number one goal is to finish invites. Second is my table runner things..they are round, so not exactly a table runner, but I'm not sure what to call them! I'm actually ONLY allowing myself to work on these two things right now. I have several smaller, more fun projects I want to do but I need to get these two things done!

Flag

FutureMrsKC

FutureMrsKC VIP

on Feb 15, 2018 at 9:55 AM

I plan to finish arranging all of the bouquets (we are using real feel silk flowers as well from afloral.com and hobby lobby!), we just put a deposit on our photographer, and we are buying smaller details like candles and things! We are also going to start addressing our save the dates to send out next month (destination wedding)!

All of our big vendors are booked so now just focusing on details, final payments, and booking the honeymoon for the rest of 2018.

Flag

Shellycherea

Shellycherea Dedicated

on Feb 15, 2018 at 10:05 AM
What are the smaller projects?

Flag

Bianca Super

on Feb 15, 2018 at 10:17 AM

That's a really good idea to limit yourself to only 3 items each month. I've felt very overwhelmed throughout the entire planning process due to too many things to do. I might adopt your method

Flag

Meet_The_Clarks

Meet_The_Clarks VIP

on Feb 15, 2018 at 12:57 PM

Definitely do a couples weekend! We had a weekend trip to Atlanta 2 weeks ago and it was AMAZING. We got to really enjoy each others company without the kids or dogs around. It was definitely needed for us. Plus FH got to see some of his friends while he is still a free man

My weekend with the girls is going to be great. Leaving tomorrow at work and driving 4 hours to VA (I live in southern NJ). I'm meeting up with old college friends- one being my old college roommate. I haven't seen her in 8 years!!! I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. Good luck with planning! June 8th will be here before we know it! #16weeksand1daytogo

Flag

Page 1 of 2

Respond to this discussion