Search discussions
    Etiquette & Advice
    MommaKeysMOG
    MommaKeysMOG on December 5, 2018 at 2:40 AM

Help not sure if it's ok

Bride & Groom have decided to get married on my parents deck over looking a lake during our family planned trip to Florida. No family lives in Florida except grandparents of the groom ( my parents) Grooms uncle, a cousin and his family. So it will be a very small wedding low key but better then the courthouse B&G said. As a surprise we are renting the small club house in the neighborhood ( also over looking the lake) so we can have a tiny reception for the family that will be attending. Brides family will not be attending at all some by choice others for medical and financial reasons. My other future daughter in-law would like to host a small shower locally where we all live and where the bride's family lives. Would it be in bad taste to invite the brides family knowing they won't or can't attend the wedding? Also would it be wrong for me the MOG groom to gift her items she can use at the wedding like a pearl necklace, earrings and bracelet. ( I have asked what does she want to wear for jewelry and she stated she doesn't really have anything and would probably just buy some costume jewelry if she can find something she likes)

Flag

Replies (26)

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love Learn more
    Go to top