Search discussions
Lianna

Lianna Devoted

on Jan 13, 2018 at 3:50 PM

Wedding invitations

I never been this stressed in my life. I feel like I'm going to go crazy. For someone to do invitations for my wedding with enclosures and style it's about 500.00 is it just me or is that too much for invitations. What did you all do!? Or what are you doing?

Flag

Replies (66)

AC

AC Devoted

on Jan 13, 2018 at 3:58 PM
For me invitations were not a priority so my sister made them with her cricut. I paid $25 for the materiales (using Michael’s coupons). I got gold lined envelopes @ ebay 50 for $12. And print them @ home.

Wedding invitations 1

Flag

Lianna

Lianna Devoted

on Jan 13, 2018 at 3:59 PM
Those are nice. Did you address by hand?

Flag

Lianna

Lianna Devoted

on Jan 13, 2018 at 4:00 PM
They weren't a big issue to me at first but I think I may be going crazy because I only have 4 months left.

Flag

HisBeauty

HisBeauty VIP

on Jan 13, 2018 at 4:02 PM

How many invitations? The invitations we adore are about $280 for 30. She’ll also address both envelopes for an additional $45... we’re not sure if we’re going to go with that invitation or not. We found a few others we like, and ordered samples, hopefully we’ll narrow it down in the next few weeks.

Flag

AC

AC Devoted

on Jan 13, 2018 at 4:03 PM
No. I used my printer @ home for the envelopes and send them like that but a friend printed hers at home with a light color and bought a Caligraphy pen and wrote on top it. Looked handmade.

Flag

Lianna

Lianna Devoted

280.00 for 30 prints???

Flag

Lianna

Lianna Devoted

I have the worst handwriting🤦🏾‍♀️

Flag

Lianna

Lianna Devoted

on Jan 13, 2018 at 4:04 PM
I need atleast 200

Flag

lindseybee89 Dedicated

on Jan 13, 2018 at 4:04 PM

Mine cost $150 for std, invites and RSVP for 175. I thinks 500 is a little much

Remember you have to buy stamps to ( 100 envolopes sent out = 200 stamps)

Flag

Lianna

Lianna Devoted

on Jan 13, 2018 at 4:06 PM
Yes that's actually good your deal. She said they come postage paid and all that. I just mail. That's still a lot of money right? Ooo my brain. Where did you do yours.

Flag

rinny831

rinny831 Savvy

on Jan 13, 2018 at 4:10 PM
Invitations weren’t important to me either, so I just went with Vistaprint (and waited for a 50% off sale). They’re simple, nice, and only cost around 70 cents a piece for 150. That includes the envelopes (just plain white), but no RSVP card. We’ll also have to address them ourselves.

Flag

HisBeauty

HisBeauty VIP

on Jan 13, 2018 at 4:10 PM

Yeah, it’s crazy to me. Lol. We really love them, but don’t think it’s worth spending the $300+ on them. There’s a few that FH has liked that surprised me! Lol our samples should be here in the next week or so. Then we’ll decide

Do you have 200 guests? I kept thinking I needed 50, then realized I don’t need all that because most are couples! Lol 😂 I really need about 22-25, but want a few extras just in case i mess up with addressing them.

Flag

Melissa

Melissa Master

on Jan 13, 2018 at 4:11 PM
I was also not crazy about invitations. We didn’t do inner envelopes. I ordered invites and rsvp cards from vista print and printed my own info insert. Cost me about $75 for 40 invites, including price of postage.

Flag

Bridecb

Bridecb Dedicated

on Jan 13, 2018 at 4:12 PM
It was hard for me to swallow the money too. I ended up thinking about it as $1.50-2 per card instead of the total amount and then it didn’t seem that expensive to be honest. I ended up picking what I consider “high end” invites from minted. Got them in the mail today and I’m obsessed! Everyone is different so you just have to decide what price (or justification in my case LOL) works for you!

Flag

Lianna

Lianna Devoted

on Jan 13, 2018 at 4:16 PM
I did my save the dates on vistaprint. But i really need rsvp card and hotel accommodations info. A lot of my guest are from far

Flag

Lianna

Lianna Devoted

on Jan 13, 2018 at 4:17 PM
Yes lol because I really have about 320 guest. I'm sure everyone won't come and a lot are couples so I cut to 200 invitations.

Flag

Lianna

Lianna Devoted

on Jan 13, 2018 at 4:18 PM
Were you able to get matching invites and rsvp cards

Flag

ET

ET Dedicated

on Jan 13, 2018 at 4:18 PM

Depends what is included in that price. $500 for 200 invitations with inserts, all stamped and ready to go (addressed as well?) sounds like a decent deal to me, especially if there is any custom design included in that price. We spent about $140 on 25 invitations, but without some considerable discounts, the initial listed price of those items was about $250.

Flag

firstoneat56

firstoneat56 VIP

on Jan 13, 2018 at 4:19 PM
Are you sure you need 200 invitations? How many people are you inviting? Remember, you don’t need 1 invite per person. Just 1 per couple or family that lives together. I invited 92 but only needed 47 invitations.

Flag

Lianna

Lianna Devoted

on Jan 13, 2018 at 4:22 PM
I know this is so hard! Im trying to be smart because we are starting from scratch. We still have to get a place

Flag

Page 1 of 4
  • Jump to the last page

Respond to this discussion