Search discussions
Marie

Marie Dedicated

on Feb 14, 2018 at 9:24 PM

Who Say Vows First?

I am 44 days away from another amazing milestone in my life! My H2B surprised me today with 2 doz beautiful red roses! Just when I thought it could not get any better, he proved me wrong. Anyhoo, I am wondering, who say the vows first? We are writing our own and incorporating some of the traditional as well, but I was just curious as to who says them first. I guess I could google, but chatting here is way more fun and definitely interactive. Thanks in advance those that respond.

Flag

Replies (13)

EM

EM Master

on Feb 14, 2018 at 9:32 PM
My H read his vows first. Not sure if that’s standard but that’s what our officiant told us we would do and I had no reason to question it lol

Flag

FutureMrs.Hays

FutureMrs.Hays VIP

on Feb 14, 2018 at 9:37 PM
I think he says them first but I’m not sure. That’s how it’s been done at the weddings that I have been to

Flag

fallinthegarden

fallinthegarden Master

on Feb 14, 2018 at 9:43 PM

I did mine first, I thought I would be more emotional so I wanted to go first. Turns out H was actually the more emotional one.

Flag

MaltedMilk Dedicated

on Feb 14, 2018 at 11:21 PM

My fiance is going first - no biggie,I want him to go first.....not sure why.

Flag

Nas

Nas Super

on Feb 15, 2018 at 2:48 AM
My H read his vows first because I was too nervous to go first.

Flag

Kelsey

Kelsey Dedicated

on Feb 15, 2018 at 5:40 AM
I've seen it both ways, so I think it's up to what makes you happy. I would ask your officiant though.

Flag

NinjaBride Devoted

on Feb 15, 2018 at 6:44 AM
Ugh!! I really want to go first. We are also writing our own and I might not be able to make it through listening to his without crying let alone be able to speak. 😳

Flag

Robyn Devoted

on Feb 15, 2018 at 6:53 AM

Talk to your officiant and let them know you want to go first I'm sure they will be ok with it.

Flag

Sarah

Sarah Super

on Feb 15, 2018 at 7:03 AM
We wrote our own, but somewhat together and he went first because if he hadn’t some of what I said wouldn’t have made sense.

Flag

NinjaBride Devoted

on Feb 15, 2018 at 10:31 AM
I definitely will!!

Flag

EarlieCat

EarlieCat Super

on Feb 15, 2018 at 1:20 PM

We wrote our own vows and my husband said his first.

Flag

Cassandra Devoted

on Feb 15, 2018 at 2:33 PM

I never thought of this. I will probably go first as he hates talking lol but so do i

Flag

Shauna

Shauna VIP

on Feb 15, 2018 at 2:46 PM

I want to go first. I'm not comfortable speaking in front of people, and don't really think our vows are really anyone else's business. FH is much more comfortable around people in general than I am, he is much more comfortable expressing himself verbally, and better in front of a crowd. I am hoping that if he goes after me no one will really question that I only speak loud enough for FH, the officiant and our families in the front rows can hear me.

Flag

Respond to this discussion